Might I REALLY like to stop it for a period of time?
In what way has this behaviour cost me more than money?
What have I largely given up that I might rather I hadn’t?
Severity of a Substance (Behaviour) Use Disorder:
Two or three criteria might indicate a mild substance use disorder.
Four or five criteria might indicate a moderate substance use disorder.
Six or more criteria might indicate a severe substance use disorder.
Criteria for a Substance (Behaviour) Use Disorder
1. Doing it in larger amounts or for longer than I’ve meant to.
2. Wanting to cut down or stop and not managing to.
3. Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use.
4. A craving or an urge to use or act out.
5. Not managing to do what is required of me at work, home, or school because of use.
6. Continuing to use, even when it is causing a problem in a relationship I value.
7. Giving up an important social, occupational, or recreational activity of mine because of use.
8. Using again and again, even when it puts me in danger.
9. Continuing to use, even when I suspect I have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by my use.
10. Needing more of the substance or behaviour to get the effect I want (tolerance).
11. Development of a withdrawal symptom, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.
Balanced Life Development
Balanced Life Development - The Annexe - Rear - 220 High Street PRESTON, VIC 3072
See Meeting Times on "HOME" page
Copyright © 2019 Balanced Life Development - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder