Might I REALLY like to stop something for a period of time?
In what way has this behaviour cost me more than money?
What have I largely given up that I rather I hadn’t?
Severity of a Substance or Behaviour Use Disorder:
Two or three criteria might indicate a mild substance use or behaviour disorder.
Four or five criteria might indicate a moderate substance use or behaviour disorder.
Six or more criteria might indicate a severe substance use or behaviour disorder.
Criteria for a Substance Use or Behaviour Disorder
1. Doing it in a larger amount or for longer than I’ve meant to.
2. Wanting to cut down or stop and not sufficiently managing to.
3. Spending more of my time than I really want to getting, using, or recovering from use.
4. Having a disturbing craving or an urge to use or act out.
5. Not managing to do what is required of me at work, home, or school because of use.
6. Continuing to use, even when it is causing a problem in a relationship I value.
7. Giving up an important to me family, social, occupational, or recreational activity of mine because of use.
8. Using even when it puts me in danger.
9. Continuing to use, even when I suspect I have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by my use.
10. Needing more of the substance or behaviour to get the effect I want - building tolerance.
11. Experiencing a withdrawal symptom, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.
Balanced Life Development
Balanced Life Development - The Annexe - Rear - 220 High Street PRESTON, VIC 3072
See Meeting Times on "HOME" page
Copyright © 2019 Balanced Life Development - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder